Welcome to the Bitcoin Journey. This is a curation of videos, articles, and stories that will help you better understand Bitcoin.
Because Bitcoin is an incredibly complex technology that has broad implications for the world, it can be a daunting topic to explore all by yourself. My goal is to make it a little easier and provide you with a guide that can help you cover the fundamentals in about 3 to 4 hours. I hope this journey can help you truly understand Bitcoin, once and for all.
Although we will talk about what Bitcoin is and how it works, the first half of the journey is dedicated to helping us understand why Bitcoin exists in the first place. I believe that recognizing why Bitcoin can make an actual difference in somebody's life, even if we initially think we do not relate to this person, can provide the bedrock on which we can explore further.
Some reasons as to why you might want to learn about Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin is being used by people to protect themselves from human rights violations.
- Bitcoin is the fastest thing to be worth $1trillion, within 12 years of its invention.
- The creator of Bitcoin disappeared. Nobody knows who Satoshi Nakamoto is.
- Bitcoin can become the first separation of state and money in thousands of years, and it is the 6th change in the technology of money since we created it.
- Central banks have started working on their own digital currencies, called CBDCs. Its impact on our lives could be enormous, for better or worse. Bitcoin provides an alternative.
- Bitcoin will enable direct, instant, and micro-sized value transfers, changing the way we consume and use the internet.
- Bitcoin helps people save and plan for a better future, even if the financial system of their country is in disarray.
Each of us will be excited about what Bitcoin means for the world in their own way, or maybe not at all.
What excites me the most about Bitcoin is that it allows people to have money that is truly completely theirs, without the need for trust in central parties and intermediaries which may or may not be benign. Although I am fortunate enough to live in a country where the need for such a concern is lower, there are billions of people that do not have this same privilege. I am very excited about what Bitcoin can be to them and their ability to live a good life.
Lastly, before we dive in, I want to say a big thank you to all the creators and authors of the content that is presented in this journey. They, among many others that did not end up as part of the journey, are providing the invaluable educational content on this new technology that the world desperately needs. In the interest of time, I have in most cases only included snippets and parts of their content, though I recommend you check out the full resource and authors if they pique your interest.
I am incredibly excited that you are here. Thank you for taking the time to learn about Bitcoin. I hope you will enjoy this journey.
Let's get started!